Educational Associates and Affiliates
Community Immersion Support
At EAA, we don’t encourage a “one size fits all” philosophy. As a proponent of growth, we understand some of our clients may need different types of supports to reach their maximum potential; which may or may not align with educational endeavors. For this reason, EAA offers community immersion opportunities to its clients.
Every week clients will meet with an EAA staff member for Life /Social Skills support or Job Coaching sessions (combinations of services are available as well).
Life Coaching/Social Skills Support
The Life /Social Skills Coach will analyze how "balanced" the clients’ life is along several major dimensions; social-emotional mindset, relationships, fitness and health (all Life Coaches are licensed clinicians).
Our Licensed Clinicians will travel to the client's home and provide independent and social skills supports. Listed below are some of the areas the Coach will support the student in.
* Taking client to movies, out to eat, walks, shopping, or whatever fun activities they have a particular interest in.
* Teaching client to budget and manage money.
* Helping client manage social/academic schedules.
* Travel training.
* Taking client to doctor’s appointments, and teaching them to make follow up appointments.
* Assist client with accountability with respect to chores and errands.
* Assist client with planning major outings, such as going to a sports event, museum, vacation, etc.
* Support appropriate social skills and communication.
When someone is searching for a job, there is a lot to consider: résumés, dress, appearance, “answers” to interview questions, networking, and personal goals. With all this, there is also the emotional stress. Our coaches help manage all of these concerns. EAA can help evaluate the client with a clear perspective, help the client see the control over the job search, and help the client remember what they have accomplished.
Our coaches will aid in the following:
- Coach the client through job search techniques.
- Develop Resume & Cover Letters
- Be someone the client wants to seek advice from.
- Brainstorm with the client.
- Help client develop new ideas.
- Direct interview practice sessions.
- Provide feedback on how well the client is doing.
- Assist in locating the needed resources to help the client.
- Give client feedback on communications (such as résumé, cover letter, phone call technique, and thank-you and follow-up messages after an interview).